10.26.2006

You had me at Uncle F@#*!&^

YUMMMM!!! Tonight Kimmie and I went out to dinner. Of course to Thai food... Possibly the best food on the planet! After that we took a quick trip to Stupid Prices, and then the Grocery outlet:) Just some fun, mindless shopping... We have one week to play before she leaves...

I can't say that I make alot of friends, but when I do they are usually good friends. I have a handful of really good good friends, and I cherish them all. They all bring gifts to my life that no one else could. I now have two of my dearest friends that will many miles away from me...

My friend Heidi moved away about 3 years ago. I get to see her every so often. But I do miss her lots... She really is an awesome friend. She was right next to me when I got the call from the doctor telling me I had cancer. She could see the fear in my eyes and instantly without knowing what I was hearing, just knew what to do. When I hung up and told her, she had the best response any one could have given me... She looked at me and said, "what do you need me to do right now". It was perfect, she just knew what I needed to hear. I had Taylor in school, and Katie on my hip, and it was so awesome to have some one to help me bare the load. When I woke up from my most major surgery, she was right there with chocolate pudding, and Barbi bubble bath! Everything a girl could want! She was a rock for me when I needed it. She was even my roommate for a time! I have to give her some credit for pushing me to date my Hubby too:) I had sworn off men, but after she met Al, she told me "you would be stupid if you don't date him". I am very thankful I listened to that advice!

Here is a poem that Heidi and I shared, it really speaks to true friendship.

If you've got secrets you want to tell,
we can talk all day long.
If your dreams get broken somehow,
I'll remind you that you belong
If you need some place to hide,
you can hold my hand for a while.
whenever you need some space,
there's my room - you can take it.
If someone breaks your heart,
together we'll unbreak it.
When you feel sad or empty inside,
I'll show you you're not alone.
If your sky begins to fall,
I'll stay with you 'til you smile.
If you get lost out there,
I'll come and take you home.
I'll go with you somewhere else,
when you need to get away.
And when nothing seems to be going right,
and you need a friend...

I'll stay
To all my friends! I love you!!!
~~Michelley

No comments: