10.12.2006

Friday The 13th!!!!!

Ok, as I said a few days back, I am going to write about my Father... Brace yourself, this one is a bumpy ride!!

OK, my parents are really young! My Mommy was all of 16 and my Father was 19 when I was born. Needless to say, I was not created out of deep meaningful love:) more like, on the rampage teenage hormones! And I was quite possible conceived in the back of a car! White trash enough for ya:) OH, to add to that, I was born in a DINKY DINKY town in rural Idaho! AND, lived in many trailers growing up!

Before I go into the rest of the details, let me just say this.... You are who you want to be, not where, how or why you were brought up. At the end of the day you are the one who makes the choice to be who you are. There are very few individual's in this world who have never seen anything good in their lives, most of us have been exposed to some sort of kindness, greatness, or love that shapes right and wrong for us. We ALL know the difference! YOU choose to do what you do... I believe that all I have live through in my life, good, bad, and ugly, have all been important lessons for me as I have grown up. I had to do better, I must do better, there was no choice BUT to do better. At 19yr old I was blessed with my first child. Life was going to be very different for my children! ok:) on to the stories:)

OK, so my Father, whom I still call Ken to this day, due to a lack of closeness when I was young, is very different person. I am guessing that since the age of 18 he has been an alcoholic and a drug addict. In fact:) hee hee.... The reason that we "relocated" to Washington state when I was in 2nd grade was, my Father was busted for selling drugs, in our DINKY little town in Idaho. And we had to leave! Let me tell you how awkward it was to get on the school bus the next Monday, and EVERYONE knew! Not to mention, the Chief of Police's son was my school sweetheart! What a SCANDAL!

Needless to say, my childhood was very interesting. My parents could not stay together, and that really was for the best! My Mommy has re-married, and her hubby is the greatest! He has been a WONDERFUL step Dad. My Father never re-married. Go figure huh:) He had a very wonderful girlfriend for a long time named Lana, but he messed that up too.

I do have some fond child hood memories of him, trips to the beach, time on the boat. And he would feed me whatever I wanted when I came to visit! :) It was certainly NOT boring!

When I was 23, my father tried to commit suicide. Unsuccessfully... I was very angry with him because he left a note, and in the note he wrote to me. "Michelle, I love you more than you will ever know" I was angry because, if you love me that much, TELL ME, don't leave it in a suicide note for me to dwell on the rest of MY life! Anyway, I got my revenge:) Sounds kind of sick, but I was really angry. My Father has always had long hair. Some kind of rebel thing he never grew out of! Over the years, it has kind of become stinging, and not so cool looking. When he was in the hospital, after his suicide attempt, due to a stroke induced by all of the drugs he took, I CUT IT ALL OFF! He could not talk, move or fight back! He looked like Peter Pan when I was done! In some ways, it backfired a bit. He will brag that it was the last hair cut he has had. BUT, it sure felt good in the moment!

So on to a few of the more weirdly funny stories.

SO, my Father had a BEAUTIFUL smile... Not sure what happened, but as the last few years have progressed, his teeth have started to rot and fall out. YUK! I was noticing every time he would come to visit, that there were fewer and fewer teeth. Then one day he shows up, and it looks like he has more teeth! But the look a little strange, so I just thought to myself, they must be temporary teeth from the dentist. As he is talking to me, one of the pops out! Ok..... Then he proceeds to share this with me... He got tired of not having teeth, so he went to the hardware store... I know I know... Bare with me on this... Went to the hardware store, and picked up some kind of apoxy... Shaped it like a tooth let it dry and then fished it up with his dremal. OH MY GOSH, are you kidding me! He is MAKING his own fake teeth!

Ok, one more little gem of a story for ya:)

My Father's living conditions are not really the greatest. It is not his location, it is he mess in his house.. Way to much JUNK in a very small space. He likes cats, always has a few. One day he noticed a poo poo pile on the floor. He naturally thought it was one of his feline companions. After a few days of more poo poo piles, he started to realize this was something else...... Again I say. I know I know... So he searched and searched and low and behold, he found the culprit.... A POSSUM! He had been living with a POSSUM! OK, now what would you do in the is situation... My guess is, call someone, shoe the possum out, run screaming like a girl? No, he decides to just open the front door and wait for it to leave.. Ya, it did, after about 4 DAYS!!!

Like I said before, I can not make up stories that are better than the real ones!!!

Hee hee... Today is my Fathers birthday.. I do believe he was born on Friday October 13th as well! At least that is what he told me :)

He sure was and is not a perfect Father, but I have no doubt that I am who I am today, because I know him:)

~~Michelley

1 comment:

kim said...

oh. my. god...you're right...you CAN'T make up anything that good....

I love the possum story...

You forgot to mention your "Crown Royal bags as Barbie accessories"...which still causes me to giggle mercilessly.