Hey Y'ALL...I could not sleep, so I thought that this would be a good time to update my blog:) I know, its been a while!
Life keeps me hoppin', so I find sometimes that I run out of time to keep up on things like my blog spot!
I was behind in my reading for my book club... I know, most of you are thinking to yourselves, "Michelle? Book Club? NO WAY" To that I say "UH...WAY!" You see, I am not just another pretty face, or a vivacious blond bomb shell:) OK, well... A girl can dream! Truth is, the older I get, the less blond bomb shellish I feel:) But that's OK:) I am very content, I have all I need, and I know I am loved for who I am:) But, hey, when Kimmie and I got whistled at walking down main street, we maid sure to file that in our (we know we're HOTT) section of our brains!
OK, back to the book club! I am very proud of myself! So far I have kept pace with the group... Well, up till this last week:) I got a bit behind, but we are going to take a few weeks off, and that should give me some time to catch up! I do enjoy the book club, the gals are really nice, and the book is great.
I am about 3/4 though a baby blanket I am making with a matching hat:) It is turning out VERY cute! I found a new kind of yarn and it is fun to work with!
Is it just me or are the TONS of pregnant ladies? I know so many gals expecting right now! DON'T DRINK THE WATER! I will be busy for the next few months knitting and crocheting!!
I am now in the process of Interviewing ABA tutors for AJ... If you are interested in looking up what that is, here is a link:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_Behavior_Analysis
It will be intense for him. ABA is a very intense therapy. But we are really looking at his age, and now is the right time. He is such a sweet baby:) He brings SO much joy to our lives, every moment of the day. Even with all we have gone through, I would not change a thing about him. He is AWESOME. For that matter, so are all three of my kids... Each one amazes me daily!
As we move forward in all of our therapies, I have had to really start to look inward at myself and come to the understanding that AJ really does sit on the Autisic Spectrum. I do not think however that coming to that conclusion is in anyway giving up or in.. He is who he is.. And it is my job to give him what he needs. We will do the work and he will have a very wonderful, full and productive life. He will grow up, and fall in love, get married, have kids and a career! There is a good chance he will have a soring IQ!! We will be exploring all of our options, and giving him lots of opportunities to develop his talents.. Whatever they may be! Our first thought is we would like to get him a piano. He is very musical, singing, dancing and he has great rhythm!
I think that part of me is starting to accept the idea of an ABA tutor.. Maybe I can start to become more of the "good guy" and they can take over some of the more hard teaching work:) who knows! AJ and mines day revolves around making every event in his day count:) and a learning experience! There are days, for sure, that I am very tired.. It is sometimes mentally exhausting. But so so so worth it! His smile makes every thing better!
We now have all our Christmas decorations up! Inside and out! My hubby keeps saying that he needs more outside! UMMM can you say Mr. GRISWALD! We would be the brightest glow in Monroe if he could! It is kind of cute! I love seeing him get all excited about it! He enjoys his home!
Al and I used to always say that we could never understand when we would go camping you would see the older couples all alone, no friends no family with them, just the two of them.. But as time has passed, we both have said that we can so see that being us as we grow old together! We really enjoy our time with each other:) I love it when he has time off of work, and never wish for him to return!
Anyway, I should hit the hey! Lots to do this week! I have a few interviews to do, finish a blanket, and lots of appointments for AJ:)
XOXOXOXO
~Michelley

1 comment:
Remember...we were hooted at in Spanish! We are so hot, we transcend English pickup lines!
Post a Comment