12.18.2006

What if the Hokey Pokey is Really What it's All About?


Hello to all of you!
OH MY GOODNESS...
The count down begins! 6 days till Christmas! Can you believe it! 5 days till I turn 34!
I went to lunch with my soul mate today:) My very good friend, Heidi:) Who by the way is pregnant with a baby girl, and looks WAY too cute! We took a very interesting stroll down memory lane:) and I have decided that I am so happy to be in my 30's. Don't get me wrong! A lot of wonderful things happened in my 20's! My 20's also were a source of struggle for me, with the diagnosis of Lupus, then Cancer, and a divorce. I hope that it is all of the wonderfully positive things that I experienced, and the friendships I made are what has shaped me to be the person I am now in my 30's. I really do know how to enjoy life now! I also know who I am! I think that is something that I was missing in my 20's :) Knowing who you are and what it is you want in life, really makes a world of difference! Not to mention, the freedom to be the person you really are!
I feel like I am crazy in the Christmas spirit this year! My shopping is all done, gifts are all wrapped, cards are all sent! I am so ready! I am just really ready to see my kids all dive into there gifts! I even have the stockings stuffed! I went out and got some new Christmas decorations this year:) just to add to it.. I have to keep up with my Hubby, who is well on his way to earning the title "Mr. Griswald". Every year he acquires more and more outdoor Christmas decorations! yes yes, we even have to snow globe carousel in the front yard! He splits his free time between making sure all the lights are in order and fixing up power wheels for the kids:) We have 6 power wheels! He gets them free or next to free and then fixes them up! New paint and all! It is really funny when all of the kids in the culdesac are out and racing around in them! Little cars EVERYWHERE!
AJ is doing well:) Accepting he is Autistic has been an emotional trip. I spent some time second guessing myself, and I know it was a very weak moment. I do know now, that even had I accepted it earlier, I could not have done anything different. I was already doing everything I could for him before the diagnosis. He really has come a long way in the last year, and I know he will continue to grow... There is the chance that He may fall off of the Autistic spectrum all together! That is wonderful news. He is really a wonderful boy! VERY SMART! The funny thing is, he really does not like to show me how smart he is:) I think that he thinks that Mom is just for hugs and kisses! But that's ok:) I don't mind:)
The Kids are on break now:) So we will be getting some much needed down time:) Tomorrow, Kate and I are going to build a Ginger Bread house:) My Grandma and Grandpa sent us this really cute Kit to make one! I will try to take a picture to post!
XOXOXOXOX
~~~Michelley

1 comment:

kim said...

Ahh...I am so last month...[sob]

Anyways...I've been tagged for a meme, so now I'm tagging you... I would like to hear 6 weird things about you... See my blog for the meme.

kim