8.19.2007

It looks like I plucked a goose!

So, a few weeks ago, I bought a feather mattress topper. I got a SCREAMING deal on it! $25 on Amazon.com for a king size! The low price should have been the first clue it was a bad idea! I get my much anticipated package in the mail and quickly assemble it onto my bed, along with new sheets:) Thinking that my hubby will be surprised and will love the new cusheyness of our bed.. And he does:) But after about 3 days, we crawl into bed and OUCH! we are being poked by the poky ends of feathers! I am thinking that its just cuz its new, and it will stop soon, so I keep striping the bed and taking my vacuum to the mattress pad on top of the feather topper. Well, It never got better, so today I decided to take the mattress pad off and address the issue. I am thinking that I will just put a big thick comforter between the topper and the mattress pad... Nope, When I pull back the mattress pad, it looked like I had killed a goose and plucked it bald! CRAP! Now, I am done with it! I have to wash the mattress pad, then one by one, pick out all of the feathers because they don't just come off, they are stuck in! THEN, I take the topper off, and of course, there are hundreds of feathers stuck into my mattress. So I spent the better part of my Sunday pulling feathers out one by one from my bed and mattress pad! Needless to say, the feather topper is out at the curb as we speak awaiting the trash man first thing in the morning! Lesson learned today, you get what you pay for!
~~~~Michelley :)

No comments: