8.21.2008

More Surgery? Of course I am having more! why the hell not! :)


AJ was sooo funny today. We needed to head over the old house to do some routine “freshening” to keep it show ready. AJ was in shorts and a t-shirt as its not cold and we had just been hanging out inside all day. When it came time to leave he did not want to take his socks off for his sandals or flip flops so he insisted on the boots! Then marched right out and found a puddle! But we had to leave and I promised when we got home he could find it again :) and he did! For about an hour! Pretty darn cute! I had to snap a picture of it!

Well on to the not so fun news.. I had my yearly cancer check up, and I am guessing as it was my 10th anniversary the Radiologist pulled all my charts and decided to review them all.. My surgeon reports to me, no changes this year, but, that I have 21 lesions on my lungs that the radiologist would like me to consult a thoracic surgeon about.. I knew that I had some, but I guess I never asked the question how many are there, my bad.. So I was a bit surprised to have so many.. I guess in my head I always thought 3 or 4…

Now from what I gather lesions do not occur as a result of natural aging.. and also could have many causes, like lupus. I get a bit nervous when they are asking questions I can all answer no to, like, were you a smoker, live in the Ohio Valley, or work in a mine or dusty dessert… YIKES!

I saw the Thoracic surgeon yesterday, and he was really not alarmed… He said that there had been no change over the past year and the only reason to biopsy at this point was to appease my own mind… but we would just continue to monitor them.. Well, that is what got me into this whole cancer mess anyway.. If I had just removed the lump when I first felt it, I would have never ended up in his office yesterday..

SOOO, I will be having the biopsy, it will mean an overnight as Swedish, and about 2 weeks of some recovery, but I have had worse :) I talked to my Grandma and Grandpa, retired surgical nurse and radiologist and they both said DO IT! So, I will.. I will know by noon tomorrow what the date is.



~~~~~michelle

No comments: