12.14.2007

ok, Mr Bossy

So those of you that spend some time with me know that my youngest son is Autistic... His Major deficit is in speech. We have come so far. At 18 months, when we started speech therapy, I did really thought he would remain non verbal, or close to it. I just really did not know what our future was... But he has changed so much! with the help of course of his fabulous team of therapist! They ROCK! Now the new found language he has, is really starting to go to work for him:) Just a few minutes ago, he saw one of his cups here in my room.. He blurts out, "Ma Ma, what's that drink" I told him I did not know what was in it. He then responds "well get it for me!" As direct and impolite as it sounded, It really is a wonderful sound! I love to hear his little voice spitting out all his new language!

~~~Michelley

No comments: